By NAOMI GOLDMAN
The award-winning definitive authority on all things visual effects in the world of film, TV, gaming, virtual reality, commercials, theme parks, and other new media.
Winner of three prestigious Folio Awards for excellence in publishing.
By NAOMI GOLDMAN
In November 2021, the VES honored a host of distinguished visual effects practitioners at a special reception at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. The honorees included our 2021 inductees into the VES Hall of Fame, the newest Lifetime and Honorary members, VES Fellows and this year’s recipients of the VES Founders Award.
“Our VES honorees represent a group of exceptional artists, innovators and professionals who have had a profound impact on the field of visual effects,” said Lisa Cooke, VES Board Chair. “As individuals and collectively, these stellar artists, technicians and innovators are at the forefront of advancing the craft of visual effects. They are pioneers and risk-takers who push the boundaries of what’s possible. And they are the source of inspiration for legions of storytellers and creators who aspire to carry forward their rich legacy. We are very proud to honor them.”
Congratulations again to our esteemed honorees:
• Founders Award Recipients: Mike Chambers, VES and Rita Cahill
• Lifetime Members: Gene Kozicki; Richard Winn Taylor II, VES; Mike Chambers, VES and Rita Cahill
• Honorary Members: James Cameron and Gary Demos
• VES Fellows: Brooke Breton, VES; Mike Chambers, VES; Van Ling, VES and Nancy St. John, VES
• VES 2021 Hall of Fame honorees: Roy Field; John P. Fulton, ASC; Phil Kellison; the Lumière brothers and John Whitney, Sr.